The Infinity Room by Yayoi Kusama
Showing at Tate Modern in London from February 9 to June 5, 2012, the Infinity Mirror Room is filled with constantly shifting LED lights and infinite fractal mirrors, imparting the feeling of floating in space. Created by Kusama, an 82-year-old woman who has spent most of the last forty years of her life as a voluntarily patient in a psychiatric hospital.
Oh man I’ve got to get down to Tate Modern to see this!
Oh wow. When we went to the Tate in 2010 they had this massive crate, it was huge, called the Dark Box. It was all lined with super-light-absorbing material so when you walked in it was absolute darkness, with all these dozens of other people wandering around you.
“He used to come in, order coffee, and remain quiet in the corner for the rest of the night. But suddenly, one day, he started speaking and smiling again. But it was at someone who doesn’t exist.”
Holiday Sherlock art giveaway thing!
I’ll send one winner a set of these signed prints (select Sherlock artwork that I’ve done), and MAYBE send out a couple of random prints to “runner-ups” - these are matte prints, printed with a color laser jet on reasonably nice thick paper. Signed and dated with a silver Sharpie!
- Reblog to enter! I only officially count reblogs, although liking it too doesn’t hurt. Winner will be decided by a random number raffle.
- I don’t really care how many times you reblog it, but let’s be reasonable. I will be deciding the reasonableness.
- You DON’T have to be following me (although dunno why you’d want these prints if you weren’t…!)
- I’ll ship anywhere in the world! Prints will come in a rigid photo-mailer by USPS.
- Please make sure you have your askbox open or somewhere I can contact you if you win!
- Ends Monday, December 19th. Winner(s) will be announced on my blog. The prints will NOT be shipped until January probably though, because I am going on vacation for the last two weeks of December!
The winning packages from my last giveaway HAVE been mailed out, sorry for the delay!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE, and let’s all celebrate the announcement of SHERLOCK SERIES 2!!! TOGETHER!!